Re: Problems with Microlytics dictionary in XY4

Paul Breeze wrote:

> I have found a persistent problem trying to run the Microlytics
> dictionary with XY4. (The problem is with the UK dictionary, not the
> US, though it may apply to other non-US dictionaries too.) Always,
> after a certain number of queries in a file the dictionary operation
> causes either XY4 to hang or a Windows error. The number of queries
> may vary from file to file - at the moment it is around 100 or so, but
> it has been as low as 20 in the past. Once I managed to obtain an XY
> error message which was as follows:
>
> Disk is full. Cannot create overflow file

Wow! You got that error in XY4??!! Used to get that all the time in old
3+--means the temp. overflow file or something ran out of space. Never
had that happen in XY4 though.

The Wise Persons can give you the technical explanation, and may (nay,
probably will!) expound upon the old DOS expanded or extended or
expended or exhausted or exploded memory. Whatever. But until their help
arrives, this may be of use:

Does your startup.int file have a line like this? If not, create one.
You will, of course, first have to create the directory itself. It need
not be called c:\xy4\temp.

default dr=c:\xy4\temp?

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)