98 again

First, belated thanks for all the suggestions
on how to transfer to email -- I used all of them
with pleasure. Now another idiotic question:
I believe that I need to upgrade from Win95
to Win98 in order to get USB support, and am
about to do so. But I don't want to spoil my
XyWrite DOS (3 and 4) experience -- which is
my primary reason for using a PC. I know we have
had many discussions on this subject, but is there
a summary of the most relevant points? In the meantime
I will be searching through my old mail -- I have I think
every message for the last four or five years.