Re: Non-mushy keyboards

Peter Evans wrote:
> Now that even Toshiba has followed IBM's idiocy in placing the useful Ctrl
> where you have to hunt for it and the seldom-useful CapsLock where
> senescent typists demand it, I don't think you'll find such a
> keyboard--though you might find one that is so switchable by DIPs.

Excuse me: But not all touch typists are not senescent. I am a
(hopefully) nonsenescent touch typist. We touch typists are used to
having the caps lock key right where it is on nearly all computer
keyboards, next to the A.

There are numerous times when you want the caps lock key: E.g., ci
/MDUL/MDIT/. The keyboard file I use for SMGL tagging has some different
keyboard assignments for the CAPS table.

What annoys us hopefully nonsenescent touch typists is accidentally
hitting that stupid useless windows key that suddenly propels you back
to the desktop when we think we are hitting the alt or the ctrl key.

Now go have your hot milk and cookies and tuck yourself in bed. ;-)

--

Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press