Re: SEFU3.PM screenshots

Reply to note from flash  Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:12:13
+0100

Flash:

> Perhaps there is some kind of spurious header prefixed to your
> code in the embedded versions.

Hmmm, I can't tell what's wrong from the screen shots. In fact,
apart from some extraneous "underlining", which may be nothing more
than an artifact of the screen capture, both "embedded" versions,
XYENCode and QPCode, look OK to me -- at least as to the portions
that are visible in the pictures.

I trust you understand that the embedded version with the "XYENCode"
header needs to be decoded with XYDEC.COM before it can be used. In
other words, you need to save the block of code as a file (e.g.,
"file.in"), and decode it at the DOS prompt with

XYDEC.COM file.in sefu3.pm

Only then will you have a working XPL program. Perhaps I should have
added an explicit instruction to this effect.

Also, when you save the block of code to "file.in", be sure to copy
from the 7-bit Ascii message source, not the GUI version of the
message displayed in your browser or mail program. The graphical
interface may be adding unwanted stuff to the underlying text.

Ah, well, perhaps we can sort this out when you're back. Gute Reise!

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx