Re: A Win95 question

Tim Baehr, who ought to know, says:

>Stay away from XyWin, however. Its added features (Truetype fonts, style
>libraries, etc.) aren't worth the aggravation of frequent GPFs, IMO.

Maybe it depends on what you want to do with the program. Win95 has
sometimes warned me that XyWin has done something very naughty and must be
closed down. But, curiously, this tends to occur soon after I've loaded
it; and anyway I save often, so I lose a very small amount of work and
simply close the program and start it up again. I've used XyWin for hour
after hour six days out of the last seven, and it hasn't done anything
silly in all that time.

But yes, it is buggy. As "SmartWords" appears to be months if not years
away, I'd hope that a debugged XyWin 4.13 would emerge. I infer that TTG
can't be bothered--but has it said so?
Peter Evans