Re: U2

Carl Distefano wrote:

> First of all, clean up your directory structure!

Would LOVE to!

> To find out where your active copy of EDITOR is, command VA/NV $ED

Done. It's in the \xy4 directory, along with all the
traditional XyDos files. I just don't know if these are the
most up to date, or if I should be importing some files from
the \xy4017 and \xy4018 directories. When I start the
computer I get the opening page of Xy4.018. My autoexec only
mentions \xy4

>A directory-compare utility such as PC Mag's DIRMATCH.COM can ease the process of consolidating and pruning directories. If you need a copy, I'll ship it to you.

This is a kind offer.

Will this help me to make the decisions about what stays and
what goes?

Is this something that can be shipped via email? If so:
jdavidsen@xxxxxxxx

If not, lemme know and I will contact you offlist to work it
out.

> You can install U2 in any directory. The directory with EDITOR.EXE
> is an obvious choice.

That's what I did.

> The choice of  is up to you. An unshifted key is
> convenient, but not required.

My first experiment, a spare alt key, works just fine, and
as I said in an earlier message to Teddy Odum, I'm happy as
a clam.

Which doesn't keep me from posing another question. Now,
everything I work on in Xy is inside that frame that U2
created. Can I do anything to make the frame go away and
come back only when I call U2?

Or is the answer in U2 itself.

Must go now and look at User Variables.

Many, many thanks