Re: Interrim XYENC/XYDEC v0.95 release

Carl,
 I had the idea to
hide some of XYENCode's artifacts, like the apostrophe before
functions ("'BC") and the "'^" encoding for CrLfs, which can be
somewhat distracting. I decided to bury these and one or two other
codes in  deltas,

Great idea.
The demo file below is compatible with Xy3 and 4. Read it in draft
view (func WG). It shows a brief XPL routine from U2 as it looks
natively, then in "raw" XYENCode, then in the formatted view
produced by frame XYFMT

Hey, that looks great!
 My hope is that this file will give Wally and other
non-Xy4 users a taste of what these helper frames do.
I don't understand why this is for non-Xy4 users only. Is it that one of
your QDF frames handles it for us XY4ers?

Another question, if I may:
Is there a U2 frame for executing all these programs? That is, I would like a frame that would take the onscreen file FOOBAR.xxx and produce FOOBAR.ENC (or FOOBAR.QDF) then a frame for the inverse: take FOOBAR.ENC or FOOBAR.QDF and produce FOOBAR.PGM (as XPL). I know I could do this by .kbd encoding, but a frame would be better. It should also overwrite any existing FOOBAR.ENC/DEC/QDF.
The idea is to be able to encode and decode by single keystrokes that call
the U2 frames.

Or am I missing something?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx