Re: Put a KBD assignment into startup.int

Reply to note from Fred Weiner  Wed, 25 Feb 2009
19:40:27 -0700

Fred:

> I would like to have the U2 frame {full} ie., remove borders in
> current window and restore FullScreen, load at startup.

Easy. Just add a line to STARTUP.INT; the line looks like this:

JM 2.fullQ2 ;*;

"JM " and "Q2 " are functions, produced by executing the commands
PFUN JM and PFUN Q2.

Also -- this is important -- make sure that you insert the line
*after* the line that loads U2.

Alternatively, you can add to STARTUP.INT the code from frame FULL
that is specific to the flavor of XyWrite you're running. For XyDOS:

DX SW fDO FF ;*;

For XyWin:

MW wf;*;

The uppercase letters in those lines are functions; the lowercase
are plain text.

I'm wondering, though, why you're experiencing this problem in the
first place. If you're running XyDOS, it may be a mismatch between
your DOS screen dimensions and your XyWrite screen dimensions. If
your DOS dimensions are, for example, 80 columns and 50 lines,
XyWrite defaults SW and SL must be set accordingly. In STARTUP.INT:

BX d sw=80,sl=50Q2 ;*;

Or, in SETTINGS.DFL:

df sw=80
df sl=50