Date variables in Xy III - one solution

I wrote a small XPL pgm to do exactly what you are asking.
It was for a backup procedure I was writing, and we wanted to have the backup
directories using the date.
I have also written a similiar routine to produce a unique folder name for
program output. As long as the program is run with more than a minute between
each run, it creates a new folder with the time as a name.
In English (I haven't got the program here):
ne [temp file name]
BC today XC
ctrl-home home
CI /January /01/ XC
CI /February /02/ XC ...
...CI /December /12/ XC
BC se /, /XC DF ctrl-right arrow DF ctrl-left arrow F8 BC ci /,//XC DW ≪sv20≫
ex

I hope this makes sense to you.

Marc

Quoting Patricia M Godfrey :