accessing Linux from Xy4

It took me some time to discover Dosemu's command "system" and it's
taken me a little more time to realize what it can do.
This morning I've been been playing with it, launching programs from the
Xy4 command line.

do/nv system konsole&
will launch the KDE terminal. The ampersand, used to run a command in the background, seems essential to get this to work properly, and keeps Xy4 from suspending while the other program is run. I'm going to test out xytonix.pm with an "&" added as a tweak.

do/nv system firefox&
will bring up firefox, tho' firefox launches behind Xy4 -- it's the only program I've tested that does that.

The most complicated thing I've tried out is

do/nv system gksudo kwrite /boot/grub/menu.lst&
which launches the KDE text editor "kwrite" to edit grub's menu.lst file as root.

Paul Lagasse