Re: which computer

> My question is, which computer, not which guy, as I
> can really continue with both or either. And which
> Windows program?

I would have been happy to continue running Windows
98SE forever. In fact, I am still using it (with Xy4)
on my Toshiba Libretto 70CT, zooming along at 120 Mhz
with a big 32K of RAM.

Win98SE is built on DOS and ran Xy4 flawlessly on the
three computers I used it with. I partitioned my
previous XP computer to keep using it. Norton
Antivirus, Web browers (Firefox, Netscape), etc. are
all compatible with Win98.

I could not use a Win98 partition with my latest one,
because there are no Win98 drivers for its video,
audio, etc.

If someone is building you a custom computer and can
get mouse/video/audio hardware that runs on Win98
drivers, if your current software serves your needs,
and you are not planning to suddenly become a video
game designer in your spare time, get him to install
Win98SE.

To really want to get fancy about it, put in a
good-sized hard drive and have him partition the
computer with both XP and Win98SE, on the distant
possibility that you will someday need some XP-only
software. (All I can think of is iTunes.) XP will be
able to "see" the Win98SE partition, though Win98SE
won't be able to see the XP.

Jon Pareles