Re: email-style italics: MARKUP.PM

Robert--

On MARKUP.PM

Thanks to you, I now have stunningly symmetrical right and left double-quotes. I got them using the
nn=R1R4R7 and nn=R1R4R8 in the my .kbd file.

Trying to input B=147 and E=148 (from the number keys) in MARKUP.DAT turned "quoted
text" into 147quotedtext148 (in Wordpad). Perhaps I needed a carriage return or other
character in MARKUP.DAT to do it that way?

The double quotes are now saved as the default.
But if you are still tweaking MARKUP.PM, my ideal would be to have another pre-existing MARKUP.DAT
available with single-quotes, so I don't have to remember where I stashed the ANSI characters in my
.kbd file each time.

I assume the emailers who started the whole thing would also love to have a handful of regularly
used substitutions available to MARKUP.PM if it could somehow recall more than one previously used
set.

In the meantime, I'm going to save a couple of .DAT files as MARKUPDQ.DAT and MARKUPSQ.DAT and
re-save them as MARKUP.DAT as I need them.

Even if you never get around to that tweak, I'll be using MARKUP.PM daily, with gratitude.

Jon Pareles