Re: RC and RD

I do something similar with font attributes--bold, italic,
etc. For italics, for instance, I have a small program that,
if text is defined, puts italics deltas fore and aft. If no
text is defined, it inserts italics markup with the cursor
in between. I append the italics program herewith, since it
is quite small; the other programs for other attributes are
analogous. The keyboard assignment is then "bc,c,a,
,\,x,y,\,r,\,i,t,a,l,.,p,g,m,xc" or whatever the path to the
program happens to be.

As for the UA default, no one explained clearly what Windows
behavior UA=1 mimics, and the manual does not document it.
This is not a simple matter, since many XY users don't care
much for Windows behavior. The point of this one, I gather,
is that if you have selected a block and just start typing,
what you type will overwrite the block. I for one like it,
have used it for some time, and am sorry that this default
does not work in XYDOS.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin