Re: Problem with graphics view...?

Robert Holmgren wrote:
You mean inherently/natively? No. But most people do know their own
machinename! And the names of the machines around them.

You wish! And even when one does, in fact, know the UNC
and password on every machine, if one is 66 and using
seven different machines regularly, there does come a
senior moment when one suddenly goes blank and thinks
"which the hades PC is this one?"
It never occurred to me that anyone would want to determine their *own* machinename.

What I wanted it for was to generate a report. I was
thinking of using my USB setup to test various
operations on different hardware-opsys setups (so as to
eliminate variation in Xy defaults etc. as a factor),
then write the results to a logfile, each report under
the name of the PC. So this will be very useful. Thank you.
By the bye, dBase (vers. 5 fro DOS) can access UNCs and network shares too. If the PC where the program that processes the mailing list according to USPS specs is on, I can tell dBase copy \\Anna\d\hhmail\papersub.dbf and off the file goes. PDQ too.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx