Re: clipboard from Win to Xy

I have a problem transferring files between XyWrite 3 and Windows programs
with the clipboard.

For my DOS programs, I used to use a temporary file named save.tmp. In
order to have a short path, I would save it in my root directory, as follows:

c:\save.tmp

That worked fine in Win31. Now in Win98, when I am in, say, Eudora, and I
clip text and want to save it in a file c:\save.tmp, it doesn't work.
First, Eudora wants to name it save.tmp.txt, which is too many keystrokes
for something I do dozens of times a day. Second, Eudora wants to save it
as c:\eudora\save.tmp.txt. I have to change the file directory from
c:\eudora\ to c:|, which takes a lot of mouse clicks.

Does anybody know an easier way? I don't *want* any files to be *.txt by
default. And I'd like to save files from more of a--you got it--command line.

Norman