Re: paying the true bill -- just a matter of time . . .

Y'all,

I have booked a professional-level training course in installing and
configuring Win10 for 23d and 24th Feb. '16 at MicroWin IT training
services in Zurich.

http://www.microwin.ch/default_en.aspx

Following on, I shall report on the advantages and disadvantages of
upgrading from 7 or 8 to 10, and how to de-activate automatic updates
for those who wish to migrate to 10 and freeze their systems at any
given stage of the update procedure. I should think there must be a
fairly simple way of doing this without the mess of blocking dozens of
MS-servers on an external firewall (which I mentioned in a previous
post); de-activating the update service in the Windows Registry or
something like that.

FYI, I rolled back from 10 to 8.1 a few days after my first upgrade
from 8.1 to 10. The roll-back appears to have worked smoothly and I
have not detected any further attempts since then of the OS to call
the mother ship. The roll-back re-instated my ZoneAlarm (which the
upgrade to 10 had disabled, much to my consternation), and Xy in vDOS
works as before in the re-instated 8.1 environment.

More to follow,