Re: XYwrite on other platforms

≪ And has anyone, in Chicagoland, used the XY for OS/2 that
 was sold to newspapers? I was told that the Chicago Tribune used
 it, but no more. Was it identical to the DOS version or wildly
 different (I imagine fixed keyboard macros).
 ≫
I looked at purchasing this program when I ran a daily here in the Phoenix
suburbs. It was called CTEXT and was a system they integrated by combining a
classified program, XYwrite for creating and editing text, Archetype for
display ads and either Ventura Publisher or Pagemaker for building pages. I
believe all this was running in a Novell network.

As I already had XY up and running on Novell, we decided to get Archetype and
Pagemaker and not pay these guys a ton of money for integrating the system. As
this was in the late 80s or early 90s, the XY was (as I recall) the same as
the version we were running at the time.

The Chicago Sun-Times was the paper that bought this stuff and when people
gave me funny looks for the software I was using (XY and ARCHETYPE which was
absolutely wonderful for creating ads) I would tell them the Sun-Times was
using the same stuff.

Elliott