Re: available memory

≪ Xy4's is more dynamic, automatically swapping
out unused components of Editor and parts of open files, and
swapping them back in when they become needed.≫
So if Xy4 is better able to free up RAM as needed, that probably explains why Xy4 can move large blocks of defined text which would cause Xy3 to choke--Xy3 is probably trying to keep too much of the scrolling file in RAM and runs out of RAM when called upon to execute an editor.exe function (such as move).

PS My punning ability is often exceeded by my lack of spelling ability. But not always.