Re: F5--and everything went black...

** Reply to message from Carl Distefano  on Sun, 24 Jun 2007 01:47:06 -0400

> F5 is the Windows key to refresh the screen...
> evidently it is doing some
> kind of screen refresh on your machine... in any event,
> the fix is somewhere in Windows, not in XyWrite.

Ah so! How about a func NI before the func BC? Supposedly that
prevents passing any keystroke through to DOS (to the Operating
System). I have
 63=Q5NIXH$SBC$S
in my KBD file (Q5 add word permanently to personal dictionary
under Microlytics; NI "No Interrupt"; XH kill Help|Menus; $S
Stack the preexisting command on the CMline; BC clear the
CMline; $S prepare to [optionally] UnStack). I've never seen a
black screen on any of my machines -- 95, 98, NT, 2K, XP, Vista.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx