Re: Unix and XyWrite and whatnot

In article <366DFA82.59D78AA7@xxxxxxxx>,
Harmon Seaver  wrote:
>    No, you need to read it a little more closely. They say they
>can't support it. They also hint very strongly that it does work (as it
>obviously does) but no guarantees.

Oh, okay. All I could find was "[Q:] Does the BeOS run on
Apple's new 'G3' Power Macs, which use the PowerPC 750 (or 'G3')
processor? [A:] No the BeOS is not compatible with Apple's 'G3'
systems." I guess the strong hints there are just too subtle for the
likes of me.

>The real threat is for the future.
>I'm not sure why Apple is taking this stance, unless they see BeOS as a
>threat to Rhapsody?? Or if there were some nasty words in the past when
>Apple was courting Be, then rejected them???

Probably for the same reasons that Apple yanked the rug out from under
their clone manufacturers.

>> Also, have you tried running Xy under a DOS emulator for the BeOS?
>>
>      Don't know of any.

bochs.

>Be
>neater if it ran Mac apps.

SheepShaver.

--
Stephen A. Carter      High-Tech Information Center Nagoya, Ltd.
mailto:scarter@xxxxxxxx                Nagoya, Japan