XySearch is Online Again

XySearch should be back on line by 1400 GMT today 23 September. Hopefully, it
will update itself starting tomorrow 24 Sept (although I won't be able to
monitor it, or fix problems, until mid-October -- but if there are
difficulties, they will be minor, and entirely my fault).

Harry Binswanger gets a BIG gold star for making this possible. He donated a
fine Dell Latitude notebook with plenty of disk space and Pentium 3 processor
power to handle the job (XySearch is the only job it has). The machine runs
VERY well, quite snappy in fact, and I think we can expect years of reliable
performance. Thanks so much, Harry -- it's truly a godsend. The old machine
had run out of disk space, among many other problems. This machine has no
problems -- it's a pleasure to use!

In future I will be integrating a large cache of material dating back to the
80s and early 90s, acquired some time ago from Jordan Fox but only now being
sorted and processed, consisting of old XyQuest Information Line, Wicked
Scherzo BBS, Word Processing BBS (Henry Kisor), and Compuserve posts concerning
XyWrite (mostly Xy3+). This is VERY interesting stuff, in large part because
XyQuest participated in some discussions, and because a much larger body of
users was so adept and knowledgable about DOS, and creative about solving
problems. The process of rendering this material as HTML may take some time,
because the material is in a raw state, but I have begun to comb through it. I
may add it incrementally, or wait until the whole is ready.

XySearch is at:

 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi

Bookmark it, and Enjoy.

Robert Holmgren