Re: Patricia's template (Was: Re: Xywrite Revealed)

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Thu, 09 Feb 2006
23:54:34 -0800

> How is 12 as a VAlue?

Same here.

> And I tried VA/NV -pa in Nota Bene 8 Beta and got 1. Maybe it's meaningless
> in NB 8.

Almost certainly, in NB. Maybe meaningless in XyWrite too! The point is, you
can UNLOAD that memory, which sets -pa to null. But it may not, finally, be
purposeful. You really need to relaunch after a couple of SETPs, there's no
getting around it. Even when it seems like SETP worked, and GSview displays a
file (using POSTGHOST), if I look at the actual output of XyWrite
(FO.PS, which is what GSview displays or Ghostscript prints), there are errors.
Almost as if the current PRN and the previous PRN were piled on top of each
other: commands from both of them appear in the output file (& are visible in
the GSview display as well). No good. A clean relaunch fixes this, and only
takes a second. Much the best procedure. XyWrite IV has _always_ been
threatened by OOM after switching PRNs more than one or twice.

> Thanks for the new version of postghst.prn

OK.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx