Re: Conversion filters (was NB Win availability)

Leslie said:
". . .maybe 50 years from now, some guy's going to suffer a broken index
finger and wonder if there isn't some way to make a computer perform
operations w/o him having to resort to pointing and clicking.
"What if," he will say to himself, "I could simply type "copy" and then
type file name and then instruct the computer
where to copy it to. . . . hmm and hmm, might _just_ be possible."

You mean that 50 years from now we'll still have fingers to use? I kind
of thought that by then we'd be "voice writing" and that, like unused
inner organs that have eventually disappeared, our exterior appendages
will have followed suit! Of course, adages will have been updated,
too. Instead of saying "The pen is mightier than the sword," those
around in the mid-2000 century will say, "The voice is mightier than the
a-bomb (or whatever the weapon of choice(!) may be)."

-Catlyn