Re: inappropriatenessness....

" I only subscribed to the Xywrite Listserv five days ago, hoping I could find
" out some new and neat tricks for using this wonderful program. For these
" five days, however, almost every single message posted on the listserv has
" had absolutely NOTHING to do with Xywrite.
"
" I am asking those who like to debate politics to please do so in the
" appropriate places (as I do), such as other news groups or listservs. Or
" email people directly with your comments.
"
" This listserv is supposed to be dedicated only to Xywrite, which is why
" people subscribe. Non-Xywrite related comments are inappropriate, and only
" make the writer look bad.
" __________________________
" Bob Zimmerman " 28-19 42nd Street, #D-1 " Long Island City, NY 11103
" 718-626-3076 " email: zimmerman@xxxxxxxx
"
-------------- So, see the archives which have some hints and
	solutions.

		What macros do you use in NASW?

		Have you used one of the XPL programs to insert
	wirecopy into ongoing text?

		and ...
	[comments on using many more fonts than XY provided
	 and the recent NB note about using XY stripping to
	 convert a file to LateX format for "pretty printing"
	 insert here ]

>From adpf@xxxxxxxx Tue Oct 21 19:15:26 1997

Carlo's msg about making up special-purpose modes otoh seemed to me the
kernel of an interesting *XyWrite* discussion. Printer drivers have all
sorts of offbeat applications that are discussed here rarely if ever.
E.g., as I've said repeatedly, I replaced my PostScript driver's entire
fb< with a Windows graphical app's PostScript prolog. Lets me use raw PS
coding to draw in xyW3 and integrate EPS files with low overhead. And my
html<>xyCodes conversion system uses a print-to-disk html.prn I wrote for
down & dirty ci's. Somewhere I have a similar xyW->Quark driver that I
plan to dig out and work on again when I get a minute. Getting modes,
fonts, and whatnot sorted out in such drivers is a real challenge. Has
PCL dulled everybody to the possibilities? Anybody doing *anything*
innovative with xyWrite? 	--a

http://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/_xypro.html ===============================