Adding CapsLock to shifting key table label

Van Tassel:
-> ...                      Is there any
-> concise way to tell the .KBD file to ignore the CapsLock toggle
-> when I invoke a character in the F11 and F12 tables?

DiStefano:
>Why would you need to add duplicate tables? Just use the existing
>tables, and change the first lines to
>
>TABLE=FKY,FKY+CAPS
>TABLE=FKZ,FKZ+CAPS
>
>I haven't tested, but ...

I now have, and it works a treat :-)

DiStefano:
> ... I believe the limit that Xy imposes is on the
>number of shift-keys that can be defined in the KEYS= stanza, not on
>the number of shift-key *states* (combinations) associated with a
>given TABLE. There must also be a limit (I forget what it is) on
>the number of TABLEs (as well as an overall limit on file size), but
>it seems to me that adding a shift-key state to an existing TABLE
>hardly pushes it.

My EVT.KBD in XyWin is about 34.5K, with a total of 12 shift-key tables. I
seem to recall that a couple of years back, when I added F11 and F12 as
tables=FKY and FKZ, I had bumped up against one of the limits Carl
mentions. I don't recollect which one.

Thanks, Carl.

Eric VT