Re Networking two locales [was OT Search terms]

Thanks to all; the notebook is now hooked up to the office network. The
NIC was OK, nor were protocols really a problem. I had to download a
utility package from IBM's site, without which Control Panel was not
giving me accurate information about an IRQ conflict.

In the end, I had to remove the PC Card modem (same manufacturer, and
both it and the NIC insisted on using the same IRQ), and so discovered
that the little milky plastic boxes that Travan tapes are stored in will
hold one or two PC cards for storage or transport. I assume we all know
that CDs, complete with jewel cases, fit very nicely in the old 5.25-inch
floppy boxes?

Patricia