Re: a XyWrite-on-Mac question

Paul Williams wrote:

>The answer lies in your keyboard table. That is the great joy (OK, one of
>the great joys) of XyWrite. You have a totally soft keyboard. You can make
>any key you want caps lock. The first entries after all the commented out
>description of keyboards sets your shift, alt, caps lock keys. Just put the
>number of the key you wish to be caps lock there instead of the existing
>number (58 on my keyboard.)

Ah, I see. My approach had been to try to make the keyboard table
make the CapsLock key work like the Control key -- which is
theoretically possible, but not practically possible, I fear. So,
what you are saying is, instead, just assign the "control" keys
to caps lock instead. However, I foresee one problem. Unlike control,
caps lock is a press-once-on, press-once-off state kind of key --
unlike any other. How would we disable this?