Code cracking

Since we're ending (????) the delightful "Free Xywrite"
topic, perhaps now'sa good time to get some light shed on

The Right Way To Get Stuff From Our Archives.

Might someone de-mystify the process for me: To my gray
cells, the Welcome file is so thorough I stumble all over
myself trying to follow them.

I seek archived threads -

especially, the one about Herb Tyson's Xywrite Revealed.

The below is just one of dozens of variations I've tried -
and accomplished nada. I suspect the CREN machine is
wearying of shooting me with "Error Condidtion." Thanks.