Re: New monitor/bad resolution

--Whether desktop or laptop, can anyone suggest specific brands/models that
work swimmingly with XyIII+ 3.56 and are in that seductive $500 range?

All will.
--Desktop v. laptop/netbook: The reason I bought this larger monitor was
because I've been having eye problems reading the tiny script on so many
websites. (Thanks to this whole process, though, I've found out how to
enlarge email type.) How big do portable screens get--or should I not worry
about that and just hook a laptop or netbook up to a larger desktop monitor,
preferably a cheap, even used one that has the same "native" resolution as
the new computer? I'd like to be portable--as long as the home set-up is
easy to read.
I use a small, light (but powerful) laptop, with two external monitors
(each 17" Samsungs). I also have a USB external keyboard. So while at home,
I keep the laptop closed and interact only with the external monitors and
keyboard (and a mouse of course). On the road, I use the laptop, with its
keyboard and built-in monitor. I'm very happy with this arrangement. I can
no longer see any reason to own a desktop. All laptops today are about 10
times more powerful than the desktops of 5 years ago.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx