Re: Xydos 4.018 under Win 98 - cursor movement problem; can anyone help?

I am using Xy4-3.kbd. Some corruption has crept in that fouls up execution
of the next-word and previous-word function calls in table=alt. This applies
with keys 101 (PW) and 103 (NW), but not with 75 and 77 in the number pad.
However, by long habituation I prefer to use the arrow keys 101 and 103.

What happens is that I get extraneous characters inserted where the cursor
stops, varying with how many words I skip to reach the one I want to edit.
E.g., with PW to the immediately previous word the Xywrite character 06 spade
appears; two words and it's a cap B; three brings another spade, four gets
character 154, capU umlaut, etc.

I tried this plea a year or so ago to no avail, which reminds me that the
problem first appeared with Xydos 4.017 under Win 95 and persists under the
"upgrades" to Win 98 and 4.018.

Any aid and comfort gratefully received.

          Bruce Felknor