Re: Large draft screen fonts

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:14:57 -0500, Doug Beeson wrote:

>At 04:31 PM 2/15/97 EST, Robert Holmgren wrote:
>
>>Close Windows. CAll SYSTEM.INI. Set "oemfonts.fonto the name of the
>>fontfile you want to use. SAve SYSTEM.INI. Locate the fontfile in the
>>\WINDOWS\SYSTEM subdirectory, or else spec the full path, e.g.:
>> oemfonts.fon\tmp2\v119x16.fon
>>Reload Windows. Run the app, e.g. XyWin. Finito.
>>
>This works great in Windows 3.1 (inasmuch as the word "great" could apply to
>anything under Windows 3.1) but does nothing for XyWin under Win95 (for me,
>tout au moins). Have you or anyone else had better luck changing the XyWin
>draft font under Win95?
>Douglas Beeson

No luck here with Win-OS2 under Warp 4. I also tried the
8515oem.fon with no success. I did find that using all three
8515 files (8515sys.fon, 8515fon.fon, 8515sys.fon) produced
larger menu text. Nothing, however, changes the XyWin draft
font. I got the 8515 files from the zipfile RH mentioned awhile
back: xgawin21.zip. I think the problem may be that I am
comparing my 15in work monitor (which really is 15 inches) with
my 15inch home monitor (which is barely more than 14inches).
The home one gives me the problem. The work one gives readable,
though ugly, draft text.

Cheers,
John Gordon

Cheers,