Re: vDosxy3 -- changing default font?

Reply to note from "John Paines"
(Redacted sender "vf200@xxxxxxxx" for DMARC) Sat, 20 Dec 2014
00:49:43 +0000 (UTC)

John,

> A simple question for any and all vDosxy3 users: has anyone
> succeeding in changing the default Courier New font and getting
> an accurate representation of the chosen alternative font?

It took me a while to wrap my head around your question as I rarely
print from XyWrite (or any other program, for that matter). But the
answer, after some trying, is yes, I have succeeded in doing so. I
didn't ot try to change the default font, but I did get
DOSPrinter.exe to put out an accurate reprsentation of a Windows
TrueType font (in my case, 1914 WOODSTOCK Typewriter). The key, I
believe, is to make sure that the Windows font directory is in the
vDos Path. (On my Win 7 system, the directory is C:\Windows\Font).
Edit AUTOEXEC.TXT to add the appropriate directory to the Path
statement and see if it makes a difference.

By the way, there's much better documentation of DOSPrinter.exe
here:

http://dosprinter.net/#Usage

than in the DOSPrinter.pdf that's bundled with vDosXy.

Hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx