Re: DeScribe Voyager??

Annie Fisher,
I agree with you entirely that this list is intended for the discussion of
XyWrite. On the other hand, we have to be flexible enough to allow the
mention of other products as well. MSWord, WordPerfect, and others are
frequently mentioned, so why not DeScribe Voyager as long as it doesn't
dominate the discussion. And while XyWrite is a DOS/Windows application,
MicroSoft is not the only producer of a DOS/Windows platform. OS/2 produces a
full implementation of both. I run XyWrite in the OS/2 version of DOS/Windows
and am very interested, therefore, in other people's experiences with same
setup. And please give the Gerstner rumors a rest. There is plenty of
evidence that points in the opposite direction. In any case, give his
supposed comments as much attention as we did to Gates' remarks about 4 years
ago that DOS would die with (I seem to recall it was) version 4. So let's get
on with the business of discussing XyWrite under all possible operating
systems and comparing it to other word processors as well. Certainly this can
be done without any stupid OS wars. My two cents.
Regards,
Bill
William H. TeBrake      BITNET:  tebrake@maine.bitnet
Department of History     INTERNET: tebrake@xxxxxxxx
University of Maine      TELEPHONE: (Int+1) 207-581-1923
Orono, Maine 04469-5774 USA  FAX:    (Int+1) 207-581-1817