Re: Translating XyWin to Word or WordStar

>Seems to me the big problem with sending XyWrite files is not the
>occasional formatting commands (which it's easy to leave out if you expect
>to send ASCII) but the fact that XyWrite doesn't use line breaks, so that
>each paragraph appears, in ASCII, as an extremely long unbroken line.
> A. Joseph Ross, J.D.

Why should that be a problem? That is precisely what a clean ASCII
file should look like.
And if you really want to send an e-mail style text with hard returns,
you can simply "tyf" of "tys" and then send the resulting file.

Coming to think of it, I wonder if K-Mac's inserted double spaces
are not some sort of misunderstanding regarding transmission, rather
than format conversion? I wonder how the file was sent. Maybe as
e-mail body text rather than binary attachment or some such?

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/
--Is "uu.net", owned by Microsoft, a spam house? Shame on them!