Re Reg-Read.me

Hmm. I just tried using the U2 Clip function, in the same data directory
where I got the error message the other day, and everything went
swimmingly. I always tend to suspect memory overruns in this sort of
circumstance, so I immediately shelled to DOS (from the same Xy session)
and routed the mem/c command to a file. Here's what I got:

Memory Type    Total    Used    Free
---------------- --------  --------  --------
Conventional     640K    139K    501K
Upper          0K     0K     0K
Reserved        0K     0K     0K
Extended (XMS)   65,535K     ?  244,564K
---------------- --------  --------  --------
Total memory    66,175K     ?  245,065K

Total under 1 MB   640K    139K    501K

Total Expanded (EMS)          64M (67,108,864 bytes)
Free Expanded (EMS)          16M (16,777,216 bytes)

Largest executable program size    501K (512,848 bytes)
Largest free upper memory block     0K    (0 bytes)
Available space in High Memory Area   1K   (512 bytes)
MS-DOS is resident in the high memory area.

I suppose those of you using 2K/XP cannot get a real DOS prompt (and even
under 9x the memory report is not believable: total memory is less than
Extended, and Free in both cases is more than total? Obviously,
Windoesn't is playing a shell game--ouch; pun was unintentional--with
EMS). Anyway, I shall try to remember to do that again the next time I
get "Install XyWrite Registry" and see if that yields any sort of a clue.
Patricia