Re: printer problems {again}

Hello Xywrite People,
        I have a printer problem

Doesn't sound like a printer problem, at least not at the first level. I find it difficult to follow your description, but I think we'd need to know what you do to launch Xy. It sounds to me like you may be (perhaps unknowingly) calling a batch file that, among other things is changing your prompt to put "pause" in. One thing you can do to check this is launch a DOS prompt entirely separately (you do not say what version of windows you are running). You say "when I get out of Windows"... but you don't want to or at least don't need to get out of Windows. Launch the DOS prompt from within Windows: Start/Programs and then, if it's an older version of Windws, find "MS-DOS Prompt," or if it's XP, Accesories/Command Prompt.

That should give you the regular DOS C:> prompt. If so, then execute Editor.exe.

Once that is working right, we can address any printing problems (should be no big deal to solve).

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx