Re: NB 8 and U2

--- Robert Holmgren  wrote:

> Win16 programs do
> this *all the time* under Win32 -- leave a zombie
> task! (!!!!!) TaskManager
> may, or may not, show it as running, but believe me,
> it IS running. Do
> yourself a favor: chuck TaskMan, it stinks. Get a
> copy of Process Explorer
> (SysInternals.com)

Someone gave me a copy of a utility called
TaskManager16, which is said to kill a whole lot of
stuff that the regular Task Manager won't touch.
(This was around the time I was trying to get rid of a
D-Link driver and control console that was so deeply
embedded it was untouchable, even in Safe Mode.) It
seems to get around the Locked | In Use thing in many
cases, and just severs the connection. I can pass
this along, if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Also came across this the other day, which looked like
it might be interesting.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Unlocker.shtml

Jordan