Re: DOS v Win encoding

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from Bill Troop on Tue, 03 Jun 2008 14:05:07 +0100
I downloaded the files as instructed in help ansity and followed the instructions
Which files did you download? Since you seem to be running in a DOS window, the only files to DL are fonts.
And where did Bill find them? The ANSI,ANSITY help file says to download http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/ANSI1252.ZIP And further says that it contains the following: VGA.com CP1252.fnt CP437.f16 CP850.f16 separator and UpperCase tables for CP1252, 850, and 437 (SEP1252.PRN, SEP850.PRN, and SEP437.PRN); NEWCHARS.PRO; ANSI.SUB; and a fully-functional POSTANSI.PRN. Now I found a ANSI1252.ZIP (4176K, dated 9-5-2002; but I cannot be sure if that was when it was created, downloaded, or copied to that drive) on my desktop's archive drive, but when unzipped it contained only ANSI SUB 1457 9-05-2002 12:52pm CP1252 FNT 4096 2-05-1999 7:40pm NEWCHARS PRO 1252 9-05-2002 12:51pm VGA COM 1145 9-15-1995 5:20am (I unzipped it using InfoZIP; I am well aware that WinZip and other pieces of offal sometimes do not extract all the files in a zip archive.) So I thought I might have an older version and went to XyWWWeb to try and get the newer, but all I got (whenever I included the 'ansi1252.zip' in the address) was "File not found." So my first question is where is ANSI1252.zip and what does it contain? I have other questions, but I want to look further in the archives before making an ass of myself.
That's a totally different issue. Vista uses a new model of video driver
Thanks for clarifying that. I turned off Aero and the rest of the eye-candy first thing, but as I don't run full screen in either Xy or dBase, I don't see the need to go get the XP drivers (I made sure they existed, in case I decided to downgrade, before I got the laptop; but so far I can live with Vista.) -- Patricia M. Godfrey priscamg@xxxxxxxx