Re: printer error messages

Update:

Now, even when attached to my USB, the Canon printer it doesn't print from
Xy (though it prints from Notepad).
So the problem is somewhere in NET USE or SETTINGS.DFL.

I'd greatly appreciate being told of any error in either of them (which
follow).
C:\>net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status    Local   Remote          Network
OK      K:    \\KRUMPET\Krumpet C    Microsoft Windows Network
OK      LPT2   \\Lita\Canonip1.2     Microsoft Windows Network

The command completed successfully.
"Lita" is the name of my computer. "Canonip1.2" is the name shown in the
Sharing tab of Properties.

 From SETTINGS. DFL:
;
PP:4
LPT2  c:\xy\hpdj660c.prn   testing
LPT3  C:\XY\HP4-PLUS.PRN   BROTHER
LPT4  C:\XY\POST47.PRN    Postscript
LPT1  C:\xy\postghst.prn   Ghostprint
;
There are tabs between the items. I have set the printer both by the using
the command SETP 1 and by navigating through Xy's menu that comes up when
you just enter SETP.

Harry Binswanger
hb@alum.mit.edu