Re: Hyphens

Reply to note from "Robert H. Kubie"  Wed, 01
Sep 1999 18:24:26 -0500

-> I now use XyWrite for Windows, ... But where is the damn
-> keyboard file?

Open a file in any view but eXPanded. Issue the following
command:

VA $KB

The full path and filename of your keyboard file will appear, as if
by magic, in the text area.

You can also command VA/NV $KB to get the same information on the
PRompt line. But (in my XyWin setup, at least) the PRompt displays
in such a minuscule font that it's virtually unreadable. Hence --
unless you have a 19" monitor -- I suggest using a file.

If you load the XyWWWeb Jumbo U2, there's a third way:
EXPAND %VA$KB% "expands" (interprets) the VAlue of $KB and
puts it on the command line. Better, EXPAND CA %VA$KB%
creates a ready-to-use CAll command; eXeCute it to open the file.

Best of all, for this purpose, is Robert's IDKEY. It immediately
CAlls the keyboard file, then asks for the desired key. In your
case, hit the NumPad Minus key, and you're taken directly to the
corresponding line in the keyboard file. Hit "E" to edit the key
assignment. Whether you edit your keyboard file daily, monthly or
once in a blue moon, you'll appreciate the convenience of this
powerful routine.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/