Re: CLIP.PGM

Reply to note from TBaehr@xxxxxxxx Tue May 02 10:21:23 2000

Tim:

I now have CLIP.PGM working under NT. I needed to (1) substitute
8.3 directory names in the path to Wordpad (oddly, "C:\Program
Files\Windows NT\Accessories\WORDPAD.EXE" bombs, even though that
*is* the correct path), (2) eliminate the Start command, and (3)
disable the line that erases the temp file (it erased so quickly
that there was no file for Wordpad to open). Leaving the temp file
on disk is benign because the SA/NV command always automatically
overwrites it. With those minor adjustments, it works nicely.

I was intrigued by that  in the SAve command. If text is
DeFined, it adds an "S", to save the "selected" text. What's
interesting is that it doesn't crash if nothing is DeFined, even
though the logic is such that Save/Get 01 remains uninitialized if
nothing is DeFined.  would certainly crash under those
conditions, but  doesn't. That's a new one on me.

-> The DO command has been cranky for me.

I stopped using DO back in the '80s, because of the frequent "Cannot
run command" errors. DOS /C is much better behaved.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/