Nota Bene files

I'm about to submit copy to an editor I haven't worked with before. In this
situation, I usually send a "universalized" XyDOS file in which "chevron"
formatting features (e.g. MD+..) and high-ASCII characters have been
globally converted to simple ad-hoc low-ASCII codes, which are listed at
the beginning of the file; but in this instance I believe (for reasons
irrelevant here) that procedure will not be welcomed.

I've never used Nota Bene but understand that it's based on XyWrite. If
this editor uses Nota Bene, can I send him a XyDOS file and be confident
that he'll be able to open it in NB? Does it matter which version of NB
he's using?

Thanks
Eric Van Tassel