Re: Thesaurus won't work

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 00:50:46 -0500
From: "Robert Holmgren"

[snip]
> I have something similar on a Dell laptop, where to get the cursor
> keys to move I sometimes must hold down the Ctrl key! Is that
> malfunctioning hardware, a bad keyboard controller, buggy BIOS
> instruction, sticky keys, or what? All I know is that I detest that
> particular laptop.

This is second hand (so stand by with NaCl) but I've read many posts
to mailing lists etc declaring that Dell wires its power-supply
units in an unconventional way. As any repair manual will tell you,
replacing a PSU is trivial, but -- so the stories go -- if you hook
up a PSU for a Dell box in the usual way BANG! there goes your mobo.

Similar tales about other components, though fewer & scattered,
provoke me to wonder if Dell doesn't over-do 'innovation'.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle