Re: Nota Bene under OS/2

This is a stab in the dark, as I haven't done it myself but -- it
may be that your Win32 stuff needs to be augmented.

If the other OS/2 users on the list who are using NB don't chime
in: I'm not sure that even the latest fixpacks include the level
of Win32 support necessary; my usenet archives suggest Win32s 1.25
or better may be what you need (but I don't know how to check what
the installed level is). You might try downloading

ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/windows/win32s.zip

from Hobbes (it's a little over two megs, be warned). Or,
considering searching Hobbes for "win32" and see what turns up. Or,
best of all may be to try Bob Eager's page on Installing PalmPilot
software which has a pretty comprehensive guide to upgrading to
Win32s.

http://www.tavi.co.uk/os2pages/pilot.html

Alternatively, and probably as a last result, there's a project
called "Odin" dedicated to running Win9x and NT apps under OS/2

http://www.netlabs.org/odin/

which has been going on for some time. I haven't used it myself
but reports indicate it's made remarkable progress.

-Rafe T.
www.ray-field.com