Re: Minitrue

> ** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:O7:16 -0700
>
> > Actually, you can search and replace through multiple files in a directory
> > with XyWrite alone in 3.5x.
>
> You can SEarch multiple files with a single command, but how do you
> replace? Moreover, if I pen a file found by the SEarch command
> (se filemask/search$/) and make some replacements with CI|CV, func EN EditNext
> doesn't open the next matching file in the mask (it returns "No more files" --
> on my system, anyway, both Xy3 and Xy4). So how exactly are you achieving this?
>
> Minitrue is really pretty good. But how often do you make global changes to
> multiple files? In my case, next to never. If all we're doing is changing line
> endings (DOS==>Unix, Unix==>DOS), that's easy enough to do in XyWrite.

How do you do the DOS to Unix? (I think thats how all this started to begin
with.) I can easily do the Unix to DOS, but was having problem with Xywrite
understanding the wildcard char's it uses to address CR, LF & CR/LF combo.
While i could get the LF changed to a CR/LF, i could not, within Xywrite
by itself, change the CR/LF BACK to a LF (or CR). But I WAS able to do it
in NB using their cut to the command line command. (If i understand their
keyboard calling sequence, i think they are using a different command engine/overlay for that than
Xy.)

any help is appreciated!

Russ