Re: what about nota bene

people talk about nota bene as though it were an updated xywrite.

I tried it, and thought it was more like word than like xywrite.

things I like about xy
-- being able to write without formatting first
-- being able to change margins etc fast and easy
-- one step combinations to remove a word, or to the end of a line, or to the end of a sentence, or a paragraph
-- 9 windows
-- command line controls, not mouse
-- being able to write cusom routines into the keyboard. (I started with New York Times keyboard, now highly customized from there)
-- wonderful spell check, much better than word
very simple operation. When I started I had an it guy who set it up to work like a typewriter, and then we added custom features as we thought of them
and so forth
did I miss something in nota bene? I just tried it for a few times, then gave up because it seemed to want me to make a lot of decisions -- the kind of decisions I leave to typesetters -- before I started writing. If it can actually work like XYwrite, in a windows program, that would be great.

andy t