Lockup

I'm running XyDos 4.018 on a W98SE 333 system; program runs in a dosbox
(window) and is started from a destop icon, which also invokes Ultravision
in background (to control screen color only). U2 loads from startup.
Working with files that run from 60-100K+. Finally I like to run in
formatted view (I center the text with offset commands; this only for
eye-ease during the session). Problem: Program locks up now and then.
Guessing it could be memory. Have tried various combinations, including
those recommended here, in memory tab of properties of startup icon.
Machine has lots of ram.

Michael Norman