Re: Keyboard-file tip for vDos-lfn

Thanks Carl, I've created a new .kbd file, with the standard names, for
vDos-lfn.

Regards,
Harry
In the beginning, when running XyWrite in the Windows VDM was the norm,
the accepted wisdom was that the way to minimize Windows' interference
with the functioning of shifting keys in XyWrite was to use nonstandard
names for the shifting keys in the Xy KBD file. So for many years,
instead of

; Standard names
KEYS=104
CAPS=58,T:C
SHIFT=42,54
ALT=56,82
CTRL=29,99

my KBD file had

; Funny names
KEYS=104
KAPS=58,T:C
SHFT=42,54
XALT=56,82
CNTL=29,99

And it was good.

After the creation of vDos-lfn, however, I've found that the way to
minimize Windows intrusions (annoyances such as "sticky" shifting keys)
is to revert to the standard shifting-key names. It works beautifully.
You can, for example, have all of your familiar Alt-key combinations in
XyWrite and still Alt-Tab cleanly to another window.

And if you think that's nifty, I have this shiny apple for you.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx