Re: Another new VDOSXY

Carl, I emailed you offlist about the attachment--somewhere between freelists and Yahoo it disappeared.

But in the meantime...the NOJM2 key assignments make Win7 go crazy. When I put them in, the function
key assignments changed in the same way that gave me problems the last time I tried VDos on Win7..

This may be a particular Windows 7 Pro 64 quirk. I think that changing just those two keys
mysteriously added +5 to the Fn key numbers, so F1 acts like F6, etc. Luckily F10 (as in F5 + 5)
can access the command line.

Whereas the longer key assignments in VCLIP.ME did give me Paste capabilities from the Windows
clipboard into XY documents, which is what I need most often.

Also, XY in VDOS completely crashed--I think with the screwy F5--so I had to turn off the computer.
I am changing back to the longer key assignments from VCLIP.ME for the moment.

And pardon my ignorance, but can you or someone tell me again how to assign the Helpkey? What I
thought was assigned doesn't seem to work any more.

Thanks. I think we are actually one glitch away from a perfect VDosXY environment.

Jon Pareles

 Been ages since I checked my instructions on this, but ...
 try this.
 If you have a frame called VCLIP* in your U2 file, delete it
 and
 substitute the routine in the attached file, VCLIP.FRM. Once
 you've
 edited U2, do NOT SAve it! Instead, command
 LOADHELP, then
 ABort the file.

 The KBD assignments are simple:

 ; Copy