Installing a new printer drivers in XyWin

On 20-8-98, A. Joseph Ross replied -- to my query about installing the
proprietary Citizen ABC24 driver (for Win3.x and DOS) from the floppy
supplied with the printer -- in part as follows:

>Are you sure this driver was meant for Win 3.x and not Win95? I don't
>know whether a Win95 driver would work at all under Win 3.x, but if it
>did, it might cause strange results.

No, it's labelled on the floppy disk as meant for Win 3.1, and the
accompanying literature is equally explicit.

>I wouldn't be surprised if this [the presence of a CD-ROM drive in
CONFIG.SYS]
>were the cause of the XyDos problem. But I didn't know that the CD-ROM
problem
>also applied to XyWin.

Yes, right after posting my last message I rem'd out the CD-ROM line from
my CONFIG.SYS and was able to install an Epson LX-850 driver (from XyDOS
floppies), which is serving as a very adequate driver for the new printer.

I find, however, that I've forgotten the routine for
installing/reinstalling XyWin from floppies. The "Reference Guide" doesn't
give instructions; I don't have the "Installation Guide" any longer; and
floppy disk #1 for XyWin doesn't recognize "A:install".

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Eric Van Tassel